Is Faith a Feeling?
Episode 4 • Truth Isn't Afraid of Questions
According to many Christians today, faith isn’t based on external facts or evidence, but instead is thought of as an internal subjective feeling, intuition or experience. But is this idea biblical? Does the Bible actually say that faith is related to our feelings? Where do other religions traditions stand on this issue? Shane Rosenthal investigates these questions and talks with Craig Parton, author of Religion on Trial.
• For a gift of any size, we’ll send you a 20 page PDF e-booklet by Shane Rosenthal titled, What is Faith? You can make your gift here or by upgrading to a paid subscription via Substack using the green button at the bottom of this page.
• To order a copy of Craig Parton’s book Religion on Trial, click here.
• To order a copy of Habits of The Heart by Robert Bellah, et al, click here.
• To order a copy of God in the Whirlwind by David Wells, click here.
• To read the transcript of a lecture given by Robert Bellah on the topic of “Sheila-ism,” click here.
• For more information about The Humble Skeptic vision, along with how you can help, click here.
• Click the image below to begin playing the next episode: #5 Religion on Trial
The Humble Skeptic is a listener-supported podcast. To support this work, consider becoming a paid subscriber.