On this episode, Shane continues weaving together various interviews he’s recorded on topics related to the reasons Christians can have confidence in the portrait of Jesus presented in the New Testament Gospels. During this podcast, you’ll hear from Peter J. Williams, Richard Bauckham, John Dickson, D.A. Carson, Craig Blomberg, Lydia McGrew, and Daniel Wallace.
• Recommended books by Peter J. Williams: Can We Trust the Gospels?, and The Surprising Genius of Jesus.
• Recommended books by Richard Bauckham: Jesus & The Eyewitnesses (Second Edition), Jesus: A Very Short Introduction, and The Testimony of The Beloved Disciple.
• Recommended books by John Dickson: Is Jesus History?, and A Doubters Guide to Jesus.
• Recommended books by D.A. Carson: Introducing the New Testament, The Gospel According to John (Pillar NT Commentary), Commentary on the Old Testament Use of the New Testament, and The Intolerance of Tolerance.
• Recommended books by Craig Blomberg: Can We Still Believe the Bible? The Historical Reliability of the New Testament, The Historical Reliability of John’s Gospel.
• Recommended books by Lydia McGrew: Hidden in Plain View, The Eye of the Beholder, and Testimonies to The Truth: Why You Can Trust The Gospels.
• Recommended resources by Daniel Wallace, The Reliability of the New Testament: Bart Ehrman & Daniel Wallace in Dialogue, Greek Grammar Beyond The Basics, “John 5:2 & The Date of The Fourth Gospel,” “John 5:2 (Part 2),” “John 5:2 (Part 3).”
We Need Your Help!
Support The Humble Skeptic podcast by making a one-time gift using the button below. Until recently this giving option was only valid for US residents, but we’re now able to accept donations from most foreign countries. Another way to help is by upgrading to a paid subscription via Substack ($5.95 per month, $59 per year). If you would like to make a “tax-deductible” donation, you can find out more about this option here.