On this episode, Shane weaves together a number of interviews he’s recorded over the years on topics related to the Christian view of “faith,” how it’s grounded in the facts of the real world, and why we can be confident that it’s true. So during this podcast you’ll hear from scholars such as John Lennox, Peter J. Williams, Richard Bauckham, John Dickson, and D.A. Carson.
• Listen to Part 2 of this conversation.
• Recommended books by John Lennox: Can Science Explain Everything?, Gunning for God, Cosmic Chemistry, and Miracles: Is Belief in the Supernatural Irrational? Video lecture: “Has Science Buried God?”
• Recommended books by Peter J. Williams: Can We Trust the Gospels?, and The Surprising Genius of Jesus. Video lectures: “New Evidence the Gospels Are Based on Eyewitness Accounts”, “Things Which Ought to Be Better Known About the Resurrection”, and “Are the Gospels Reliable? A Conversation with Bart Ehrman.”
• Recommended books by Richard Bauckham: Jesus & The Eyewitnesses (Second Edition), Jesus: A Very Short Introduction, and The Testimony of The Beloved Disciple.
• Recommended books by John Dickson: Is Jesus History?, and A Doubters Guide to Jesus.
• Recommended books by D.A. Carson: Introducing the New Testament, The Gospel According to John (Pillar NT Commentary), Commentary on the Old Testament Use of the New Testament, and The Intolerance of Tolerance.
We Need Your Help!
Support The Humble Skeptic podcast by making a one-time gift using the button below. Until recently this giving option was only valid for US residents, but we’re now able to accept donations from most foreign countries. Another way to help is by upgrading to a paid subscription via Substack ($5.95 per month, $59 per year). If you would like to make a “tax-deductible” donation, you can find out more about this option here.